Since Myanmar is rich in natural resources, the Elephant is also a treasure of Myanmar. The elephant is not only of great cultural and historical significance if Myanmar, but is also of major economic importance in the country’s timber industry.
For the purpose of promoting ecotourism, The Ministry of Forestry has been working together with The Ministry of Hotel & Tourism.
Myanmar is still relying on natural forests for logging. Myanmar is one of a few countries using elephants for timber logging. This has led in making less damage to the forest eco-system as in the mechanical logging.
Yangon – Bago – Wingabaw Elephant Camp – Yangon
Wingabaw Elephant Conservation Camp is located in Bago Region, which is about two to three hour drive from Yangon City. The traffic is mainly in Yangon, which sometimes takes about two hours just to leave Yangon. Then, take Yangon-Mandalay Highway Express Road and when you get to 39 mile junction, leave the Express Road to PhaYarGyi. The camp is on the left side of the road just after 10 minute drive.
Nowadays, you can see many elephant camps appeared in Myanmar. Although it is said that the camps are for conservation, many camps still offer elephant rides and shows. You can see these activities at Wingabaw Elephant Camp. However, these camps also keep and raise the orphan elephants. And also they make sure their elephants get healthy diet and they give medical treatment to the elephants.
At the main gate, there is a board showing the timetable of elephants – 6:00am to 7:00am is the time for cleaning elephant house, 07:00 to 07:45 is bathing elephants, 7:45 to 8:45 is elephant shows, 8:45 to 11:30 is elephant rides (fifteen minutes for each ride), 11:30 to 15:00 is elephant gazing in fields, 15:00 to 15:45 is bathing elephants again, 15:45 to 18:00 is elephant rides (fifteen minutes for each ride), and then, dinner time for elephants. There were total 19 elephants and 6 of them were adults.
- The Elephant Camp is not focus on demonstration, riding and circus things with our old aged and retired timber elephants.
- Temperature in the summer time is very hot and we do not let our elephants be in the heat for washing in the river, as it is a part of our elephant activities with clients. (11:00 to 15:30 is not the time for elephant washing in summer).
- Recommend bringing insect repellents. Anti-malaria precautions have been taken around our camp area.
- All safety precautions with the elephants have been taken. However, we do request you to follow the instruction of our respective escorts who accompany during our visit.
- Transfer & Sightseeing with Private A/C coach or car
- Meals (Lunch & Dinner)
- Entrance fees
- English Speaking Station/Throughout Guide
- 2 bottles of mineral water and one snow towel per day will be provided
- Any other item not mentioned in above service
Tour price is USD 00.00 per person. (Based on Double Sharing for 2 pax)
Please feel free to contact us for any inquiry by clicking.
Please feel free to contact us for
any inquiry by clicking.
© All Right Reserved By Global Hawk Myanmar